Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Method 8 Social Networking

I think social networking sites are great for those who like to use them, as long as they don't "air their dirty laundry" for all to see. I do have privacy concerns and would be unlikely to make a personal site public for all to see. I created an account very recently because everyone at work is really into it and talking about it. But then I forgot my password (!!) and forgot about Facebook altogether. It just hasn't been a priority.

OK. Gotta new password, logged on, looked around, sent a few Friend Requests (my kids), Confirmed a few Friend Requests. OK. Now. I guess I'll log in later to see if my kids will let me be their friends! I also need to tweek my profile and privacy settings. Some of the things I just read on some of my Friends' sites, make me think I don't want someone posting something like that (embarassing) on my site and then have everyone able to read it!

My library does have a Facebook account, and I need to and plan to get more familiar with it and the amount of usuage it gets. It looks like its used for announcements, events, photos, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment