Thursday, February 18, 2010

Method 12 - Reflection and Evaluation

I really appreciated being able to work through this course at my own pace. I enjoyed the embedded links to interesting and helpful articles and videos, especially the In Plain English tutorials. Those were simple and fun.

I had previously created a Facebook account for another training, but then did not use it. Now I have added to it a lot, added friends, posted a picture, and plan to use it more often, if only to keep up with my kids at first. My son offered to give me a "lesson" in the privacy controls.

I also had previously created a Delicious account but did not use it much. Now, I have the needed Delicious icon and the Tag icon and have a long list of favorite sites, appropriately tagged for easy locating. I have used it quite a bit on a daily basis and appreciate the fact that I can access it from home as well as the library.

One thing I plan to use more often is RSS feeds. I can see how it can save enormous amounts of time.

There were a couple of times when I really wanted to ask someone for help. I did ask when I saw that in one lesson we could practice IM with someone at the State Library, and I was promptly helped. I think it would be helpful if there was someone available to assist when people have questions (if staffing allows).

If another similar course were offered, I would sign up for it and recommend it to others. Thanks, TSLAC, for a great, informative course.

No comments:

Post a Comment